This collection contains photographs from the 1880s to the beginning of the 20th century of Central Pennsylvania College students, faculty, facilities, and grounds.
Schuylkill Seminary was established in Reading PA in 1881, moved to Fredericksburg in 1886, then returned to Reading in 1902. It was renamed Schuylkill College in more 1923, and merged with Albright College in 1928. less
The Union Seminary student newspaper. The Union Seminary was a forerunner institution of Albright College. The student newspaper was co-published by the Excelsior and Neocosmian literary more societies. Because of financial problems only three issues were published in 1879. less
This collection contains commencement documents, photos, booklets, and other materials pertaining to the history of the Altoona Area School District.
Welcome to the B. Reed Henderson High School Collection, a part of the POWER Library: PA Photos and Documents. Henderson High School, located in the Borough of more West Chester, dates back to 1906, and its long history has great significance to the Borough and to Chester County. The Henderson High School Library currently maintains a collection of archival items, and we regularly receive requests from alumni and other community member to view these materials. The collection consists of School publications dating back to 1906; it includes magazines, yearbooks, newspapers, and programs that relate to both School and local news and events. We are interested in preserving these materials to ensure their survival as part of the history of the School, West Chester Borough, and the regional area. We would also like to make them more widely available; the collection has been used in large part for genealogical research, and making it more readily available will facilitate this use. less
Winona Garbrick was one of the most prolific teachers in Bedford High School history. Her legacy includes National Bestselling Author Dean Koontz, who wrote a personalized more letter about Ms. Garbrick for the Winona Garbrick Reading Room in the Bedford Public Library. This collection contains materials donated by her family including family photos, location photos from the early 1900s in Bedford County, letters and drawings from various correspondences throughout her life, and documentation from the time she was in the Army during World War II through her teaching career. less
Braddock-area yearbooks, including the Braddonian ( Braddock HS 1948-71), The Highlander (Scott HS 1948-71, non-consecutive years), the Falconian (General Braddock HS 1972-80), the Retrospect (St. Thomas more HS 1942-84) and the Memorial (Westinghouse HS 1953,58,65). Also included are 4 years of the Kaldron (Allegheny College 1919-22). less
Welcome to the Elizabethtown College: Historic Images Collection, a part of the POWER Library: PA Photos and Documents. This collection consists of ca. 3000 mostly black and more white photographs documenting the history of Elizabethtown College from its founding. The College was founded by the Church of the Brethren in 1899 and as been an important institution in the area since that time. In the early years, the people depicted were often not only imporatnt to the College's history, but they were also noted figures in the Church of the Brethren, an important religios group in the history of Eastern Pennsylvania. The Brethren movement migrated to Germantown, Pennsylvania in 1710. The movement spread westward and southward over the next 200 years. There is an especially strong concentration of people associated with the Church of the Brethren in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, Ohio and Indiana. less
This collection includes early photographs showing student life, faculty, buildings, and grounds of Friends' Central School, a co-ed Quaker School founded by three Quaker meetings in more 1845. The school has had three locations; 4th and Cherry St, 15th and Race St. in Philadelphia and City Line Ave in Wynnewood, PA. The current location is the former estate of the Wistar Morris family and was landscaped by Frederick Olmstead. The collection gives an overview of the history of Quaker education and includes photographs of early Quaker educators important in the history of Quaker meetings in the Philadelphia area. Quaker curriculum was unique for its time. The school included both Quaker and non-Quaker children from both Hicksite and Orthodox Quaker Meetings. Science and Latin were taught to both boys and girls and both genders participated in physical education. Holidays were not observed. An early instructor was Benjamin Eakins, who taught penmanship and the headmaster who was present during the relocation to City Ave, was Barclay Jones, cousin of Rufus Jones. Photographs from the 1920s included in the collection highlight the beauty of the Wistar Morris estate whose mansion is still used as the main campus building and features an original Tiffany window. less
Welcome to the Keystone College 1868- Present Collection, a part of the POWER Library: PA Photos and Documents. This collection contains materials pertaining to the history more of Keystone College from its inception as Keystone Academy in 1868 as the first higher educational institution in Northeast PA. less
Lancaster Public Library has teamed up with Hempfield School District, McCaskey High School, and Lancaster Catholic High School to digitize yearbooks from all three institutions. Digitized content more covers yearbooks from 1988 and older. All content is public domain and can be reused and utilized by the public freely. less
Welcome to the Loch Haven University of PA 1877 - 2008 Collection, a part of the POWER Library: PA Photos and Documents.
This collection examines Lock Haven University wrestling. Here you will find photographs and other materials highlighting this history of this nationally recognized program.
Lycoming College and its predecessor Dickinson Seminary have served the central region of Pennsylvania since 1812. The school carries a historic connection to the Methodist Church more and was associated with Dickinson College in the early years. The alumni magazine under various titles began in 1913 and includes information on the campus, student activities, alumni activities and accomplishments, and academic programs. less
The Lycoming College Campus - Past and Present collection is an exhibit of photographs depicting the buildings and grounds of the campus from its earliest days more as the Williamsport Academy to the present Lycoming College campus. An effort has been made to show the transformation of the campus through the years, respecting the legacies of the past and acknowledging the changes that the future requires. This collection also honors the individuals from whom several of the buildings were named, by displaying their photographs, if possible, and short summaries of their significance in the lives of their families, their communities, and the college. less
The Lycoming College Collection begins after the accreditation of the Williamsport Dickinson Seminary and Junior College as a four year college. It is a growing collection more that chronicles the evolution of this small liberal arts institution, and will include photographs, annuals, catalogs, event programs, alumni newsletters, and promotional material. Student life is represented in publication and information concerning organizations and activities. Continuing in the tradition of the forerunners of the college, a rich musical, theatrical, and artistic environment is documented. Athletics also figure prominently in this collection. An expanding collection of faculty and presidential papers have been contributed, along with records from the libraries, Archival items include assorted artifacts, numerous photographs, and a collection of scrapbooks spanning forty-five years. less
Williamsport Women: Voices, Images, Actions Source material related to the history of women in Lycoming County from Lycoming College, the Lycoming County Historical Society, and the J.V. more Brown Library. Documents selected highlight the history of local women in volunteer and reform organizations, education, the arts, the workplace, and private lives. The first part of the collection will cover the time period 1875-1925. "This material will have national, perhaps international, significance as it relates to women's history and studies during a time period when there is a scarcity of materials about women's contributions to local communities. All three cooperating facilities are very limited in staffing and available hours, so the materials will reach users who either cannot physically come to the collections or did not previously know of their existence. This collaborative project is funded through an LSTA grant. less
Lycoming College and its predecessor, Dickinson Seminary, has served the central region of Pennsylvania since 1812. The school carries an historic connection to the Methodist Church more and was associated with Dickinson College in the early years. At this time, the collection represents the digitization of 16mm films showing moving images of buildings and events on campus from 1930-1960. less
This digitized collection of eighteen student publication spans the life of the College from its inception as the Dickinson Seminary, through its years as a junior more college, to its present standing as a four-year undergraduate institution. It provides a graphic picture of campus life from the mid-1850's to 2004. The most current issues will be added shortly. These publications vary widely in their content and presentation styles. Student efforts at publishing works to be distributed to the campus began in the form of a literary magazine, and changed to simple mimeographed newsletters, an "underground" newspaper, and finally to our present conception of student coverage of campus events with editorial comments on issues affecting their lives. less
Lycoming College – Williamsport Dickinson Seminary Junior College and College Preparatory School Collection
This collection contains material originating from and telling about Williamsport Dickinson Seminary Junior College and Preparatory School. Although spanning almost two decades, from 1928 through 1947, more the collection is modest in size. The publications, annuals, catalogs, alumni newsletters and promotional material, are well represented and provide a wealth of information about the school, the faculty and the students. Evident from the collection is a rich musical and social atmosphere. Athletics and official events are also well documented. Reflecting world history, two significant events in the life of the Junior College occur as a result of World War II. Almost one- third of the collection centers around the school's involvement with the war effort. The institution of two different military training programs are chronicled here. Records of accreditation from a junior college to a four year institute are included, which was also influenced by World War II and the resulting return of military personnel desiring to pursue opportunities for higher education. A small part of the collection consists of items not specifically produced by the college but most likely accumulated by staff or faculty, enhances the portrayal of the time period, less
The Williamsport Dickinson Seminary Collection traces the first eighty years of the school's extensive history. Documented here is the early struggle of the founding of the more school, with more prosperous years ensuing as attendance increased and the facilities expanded. The significance of the Methodist Church in the establishment and the continual funding of the school is evidenced. Records exist from six of the eight presidents that helped mold the young school. Events, both social and official, are well represented. Music played a very important role, as is apparent from the many recital playbills in the collection. Also very significant in the life of the students were the many societies and organizations, especially three of the more prominent organizations, the Belles Lettres Union Society, the Gamma Epsilon Society and the Triparite Union Society. Catalogs listing both students and faculty provide further glimpses of life in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Items not specifically related to Williamsport Dickinson Seminary, such as a newspaper announcing President Lincoln's assassination and magazines covering the coronation of King George V, were most likely collected by faculty or staff, and are included to enhance the portrayal of the time period. less
Lycoming College and its predecessor, Dickinson Seminary, has served the central region of Pennsylvania since 1812. The school carries a historic connection to the Methodist Church more and was associated with Dickinson College in the early years. This collection would join the other five collections that are currently available through AccessPA/ContentDM. The first yearbook is 1898, and they were then published on a regular basis starting in 1923. The books contain scenes from the campus and many images of students and student activities. less
Welcome to the Montgomery County Community College's Montgazette Collection, a part of the POWER Library: PA Photos and Documents. The Montgomery County Community College's Brendlinger Library is more digitizing the student newspaper, The Montgazette from the years 1967-1980. The paper covered not only College news but local, national, and international events. Digitizing the paper will ensure the long term survival of a valuable part of the College*s history, and making the images available on the internet will allow for greater access to the papers than currently exists. less
This collection contains yearbooks from Laurel High School, located in Lawrence County, Pennsylvania, from 1964-1992. Some years are missing.
This collection contains yearbooks from the Lawrence County Area Vocational Technical School, located in Lawrence County, Pennsylvania, from 1970-1992. Some years are missing.
This collection contains yearbooks from Mohawk Area High School, located in Lawrence County, Pennsylvania, from 1962-1991. Some years are missing.
This collection contains yearbooks from Neshannock Township High School, located in Lawrence County, Pennsylvania, from 1961-2006. Some years are missing.
This collection contains yearbooks from Shenango Area High School, located in Lawrence County, Pennsylvania, from 1930-1994. Some years are missing.
This collection contains yearbooks from Union Township High School, located in Lawrence County, Pennsylvania, from 1944-1980. Some years are missing.
This collection contains yearbooks from Wilmington Area High School, located in Lawrence County, Pennsylvania, from 1970-1984. Some years are missing.
This collection is black and white photographs of the Williamsport Technical Institute, which originally operated as the vocational technical division of the Williamsport School District (1914 more - 1941) before becoming an independent body in 1941. less
This collection contains items related to Pennsylvania School for the Deaf's main campus located in the Mount Airy section of Northwest Philadelphia from 1892-1984. This campus more was a spacious, 33 acre location that served deaf and hard-of-hearing students from all over Pennsylvania. less
The collection includes yearbooks from Reading Area Community College which was founded in 1971. Years covered are 1973 - 1989. Also included are ledgers, bulletins, and more yearbooks of the Reading, Pennsylvania Standard Evening High School from the early 1900s through the 1960s. less
Saint Francis University Student Newspapers from 1927-2006
This collection contains the archive of documents, photographs and brief publications and correspondence revolving around the evolution of Susquehanna University from 1857 through 1894.
This collection contains the archive of documents, photographs, and brief publications and correspondence revolving around the evolution of Susquehanna University from 1985 through 1939.
This collection contains the archive of documents, photographs, and brief publications and correspondence revolving around the evolution of Susquehanna University from 1940 through 1949.
This collection contains the archive of documents, photographs, and brief publications and correspondence revolving around the evolution of Susquehanna University from 1950 through 1989.
This collection contains the archive of documents, photographs, and brief publications and correspondence revolving around the evolution of Susquehanna University from 1960 through 1969.
This collection contains the archive of documents, photographs, and brief publications and correspondence revolving around the evolution of Susquehanna University from 1970 through 1979.
This collection contains the archive of documents, photographs, and brief publications and correspondence revolving around the evolution of Susquehanna University from 1980 through 1989.
This collection contains the archive of documents, photographs, and brief publications and correspondence revolving around the evolution of Susquehanna University from 1990 through 1999.
This collection contains the archive of documents, photographs, and brief publications and correspondence revolving around the evolution of Susquehanna University from 2000 through 2009.
This collection is comprised of photographs of the blazers, uniforms, and commencement gowns of the girls and women of The Baldwin School, dating from the 1800s more through the present day. The pieces are a valuable part of the School's history and traditions, and they also reflect trends in women's fashion from the late 19th century through the 21st century. less
The Baldwin School Hourglass Newspaper Collection includes selections from the Hourglass newspaper of The Baldwin School, which was first printed in 1945.
In 1888, Miss Florence Baldwin founded "Miss Baldwin's School for Girls, Preparatory for Bryn Mawr College" in her mother's house at the corner of Montgomery and more Morris Avenues. Thirteen girls were enrolled in the first class. The establishment of the school was frowned upon by many as a "preposterous extravagance" because in the latter part of the nineteenth century the education of a woman still was considered not only unnecessary but also potentially dangerous. Today, as a college preparatory school for girls in Pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade, Baldwin still honors the aims set by Miss Baldwin, adapting them to the needs of today. The Baldwin School Archives collection includes photos, documents, ephemera, and memorabilia, dating from 1888 through the present day. The collection reveals fascinating details about the education of young women in the United States; the history of Bryn Mawr, Philadelphia, and the Main Line; and the architecture of the magnificent 1892 Frank Furness Bryn Mawr Hotel (later the Residence of the Baldwin School). less
The Kiskiminetas Springs School was founded in 1888 by Andrew Wilson who believed its location by the Kiskiminetas River to be an ideal environment for educating more young men to continue on to higher learning. As one of the few remaining all-boys' boarding schools established in the 19th century, preserving Kiski’s unique history is vital. The Kiski School archive, housed in the John A. Pidgeon Library in Saltsburg, Pennsylvania, maintains a large collection of memorabilia and materials documenting the School's rich heritage. The digital collections facilitate an understanding of the school’s rich historical presence in the community through the collection, preservation, and accessibility of school records. The collection includes but is not limited to: photographs from the late nineteenth century to the present, yearbooks and school catalogs dating back to 1919, school newspapers and other publications, as well as other memorabilia and ephemera. less
Film footage from Wilkes University.
This collection contains scrapbooks created by Wilkes University staff, faculty, administrators, and students.
A collection of papers and biographical materials from Williamson College of the Trades founder Isaiah Van Sant Williamson. Some photographs and genealogical research as well as more correspondence, legal, and financial papers. less
This collection includes early to mid century photographs and documents detailing the creation of the Williamson Free School of Mechanical Trades, now Williamson College of the more Trades. The school was endowed and created by I.V. Williamson to give a free trade education to impoverished young men and continues to fulfill this mission in present time. The campus is distinguished as having the largest collection of still-standing Frank Furness buildings. Furness was a well known local architect who designed Williamson's buildings in 1891. Much of the work on campus was done by Williamson students and instructors. less