Why do some requests go into the status of Not Received? The Not Received status means that the requested item was shipped but the 14 days to supply have passed and it has not been marked Received.
If your library is the Borrower
The Not Received status is listed as one of your Action Items in the Request Manager.
- Mark the request Received when you receive it.
- Mark the request Lost and contact the Lender. Note: once an item is marked Lost, it cannot be undone and will stay in that status until deleted by the Lender.
If the request was received from a library using ILLiad, an external ILL protocol, you’ll see three additional options if you click on the title to open the full request record:
- Repeat Last Message – request the system to resend the last message if you believe one was sent but not received
- Send Status Query – permits you to ask for confirmation of the current status
- Send General Message – permits you to add text to the History Notes field and send it to the Lender without changing the status of the request.
AccessPA libraries using ILLiad are listed at: http://www.powerlibrary.org/librarians/statewide-catalog/illiad-libraries/
If your library is the Lender
The Not Received status is listed under Items awaiting trading partner response. If necessary, you can change the status of the request.
- Mark the request as Lost. Note: once an item is marked Lost, it cannot be undone and will stay in that status until deleted by the Lender.
- Mark the status as Recall to alert the Borrower that the item must be returned as soon as it’s received.
- Mark the request Check in if the Borrower has returned the material but had failed to update the status of the request.
- Mark the request as Not Received / Overdue if item is due back and the Borrower has not updated the status or notified you that the material was never received.