In August 2014, the State Library in partnership with Temple University, University of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania State University, Free Library of Philadelphia, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, University of Scranton, Access Pennsylvania/HSLC, Keystone Library Network, Interlibrary Delivery Service of Pennsylvania, Albright College, Philadelphia Area Consortium of Special Collections Libraries, and the Pennsylvania Academic Library Consortium convened a meeting to explore opportunities and interest in collaborating to make digital collections held by Pennsylvania libraries, museums, and related cultural heritage organizations widely and freely available in the Digital Public Library of America. A Planning group is working to establish a Pennsylvania hub on DPLA.
- Get involved! Subscribe to receive updates about the project! Join the PA Digital Listserv!
- Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type SUBSCRIBE in the subject line
- Type only SUBSCRIBE PADIGITAL Firstname Lastname in the body of the message and send.
- Direct questions about the listserv to Scott Thomas at email@example.com
- Contact the Planning Group
- April 8, 2015 — Announcing the Pennsylvania DPLA aggregator prototype: 136,419 records from 157 collections and 29 PA institutions [PDF]
- February 11, 2015 — Getting started with building a Pennsylvania DPLA Hub [PDF]
Documents & Resources
- PA-DPLA Founder’s Group Members
- PA-DPLA Planning Group Members
- Results of Statewide Digital Readiness Survey
- Organizational Diagram for a PA DPLA Hub [PDF]
- PDCP Aggregator
- Glossary of Terms