Access PA SHAREit / POWER Library Fall 2015 Training
Fall training registration is open! Sessions will be held on Access PA’s new platform, Auto-Graphics’ SHAREit and POWER Library e-resources. The training is live and will be held at ten locations across Pennsylvania.
Registration and a continental breakfast will begin at 8:15am. The sessions will begin promptly at 9am and end no later than 3pm with a one-hour break for lunch on your own. Directions will be emailed to your attention one week before the scheduled session and are also available by clicking the venue location in the session list.
**NOTE: The GoToTraining software being used for registration requires that each attendee register with a unique email address! Only one registrant per email address is permitted. The training is live, in-person, on-site — NOT online.
You are welcome, but not required, to bring your own device to the training, although access to power outlets cannot be guaranteed.
Act 48 and Continuing Education Information
Certified school librarians are eligible to receive Act 48 credit hours for attending a session. Act 48 credit forms will be provided at each session. Librarians from a public or academic library are eligible for CE credits. Certificates will be emailed to all attendees upon completion of all of the training sessions.
8:15am – 9:00am: Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:00am – 12:00pm:
Session A – Access PA SHAREit: Covers training requirements of SHAREit including: Searching; Placing and Fulfilling ILL Requests; the Participant Record; Public Interface
Session B – POWER Library e-resources: Overview of e-resources; BookFLIX Updates; SIRS Discoverer; Book updates; PowerKids; Statistics
12:00pm – 1:00pm: Lunch on your own
1:00pm – 3:00pm:
Session A – Access PA SHAREit: Adds, Changes and Deletes; Downloading MARC Records; My Account Settings; Statistics
Session B – POWER Library e-resources: MasterFILE (EBSCOhost Interface); Explora
Training Dates and Locations
- Tuesday, September 29 – Edinboro (IU 5), 252 Waterford Street, Edinboro, PA 16412
- Wednesday, September 30 – Pittsburgh (PaTTAN Center), U-PARC complex, 3190 William Pitt Way, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- Thursday, October 1 – Pittsburgh (PaTTAN Center), U-PARC complex, 3190 William Pitt Way, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- Monday, October 19 – Williamsport (Holiday Inn), 100 Pine Street, Williamsport, PA 17701
- Tuesday, October 20 – Scranton (Radisson), 700 Lackawanna Avenue, Scranton, PA 18503
- Wednesday, October 21 – Bethlehem (Best Western), 300 Gateway Drive, Bethlehem, PA 18017
- Monday, October 26 – State College (Toftrees), One Country Club Lane, State College, PA 16803
- Tuesday, October 27 – Lancaster (IU 13), Burle Business Park Office, 1020 New Holland Avenue, Lancaster, PA 17601
- Wednesday, October 28 – New Oxford (IU 12), 65 Billerbeck Street, New Oxford, PA 17350
- Monday, November 2 – King of Prussia (Crowne Plaza), 260 Mall Blvd, King of Prussia, PA 19406
- Thursday, November 5 – Doylestown (IU 22), 705 N. Shady Retreat Road, Doylestown, PA 18901