The Holiday List section of the Participant Record allows you to set a date range indicating when your library will be closed and not able to respond to ILL requests. This prevents your library from appearing in lending strings, but you are still able to place requests. You don’t need to enter single holidays or long weekends, such as Labor Day, but will want to enter periods of at least a week so requests go to libraries that are open without the delay of “sitting” in your library’s Pending list for four days.
To enter holiday dates, open your Participant Record and select the Holiday List button at the top or scroll down to that section.
Things to remember when entering dates:
- Dates must be entered in the format of MM/DD/YYYY
- Each period must have a start and end date
- Multiple date ranges may be entered across a row or down a column
- The dates will be deleted by the system after the end date
- The summer vacation period for schools will continue to be entered system-wide